Friday, December 18, 2009

I can't transfer videos from my DVD onto my Mac. I want to make a highlight reel but i can't get the video up

I put the DVD into my Mac and then I don't know how to get the DVD onto IMOVIE so that I can edit it.I can't transfer videos from my DVD onto my Mac. I want to make a highlight reel but i can't get the video up
Ah. This one bugged me for the longest time.





Two solutions.





One: buy Cinematize Pro from Miraizon. It's a bit pricey, but I tried the demo and it's as easy as pie to use and allows you to see what you're extracting and select the exact section you want. The catch is that you need to unencrypt your DVD first if it's protected. In which case, there's Mac the Ripper (free).





Two: download the free Handbrake application. It will rip content off of a DVD and convert it to MPEG-4, perfect for editing in iMovie. The catch is that you may not know which filename belongs to which scene or chapter in the DVD, so you may have to take a few stabs at it till you find the content you want specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment